Tid-Bit @ Me!

My photo
Welcome to P.M. Photographic. My biggest goal is to make your memories last a life time! Changing life and it's focus one picture at a time. I was born and raised in Wisconsin. However, my soul always longed to live in Florida. I have been shooting film from the time my parents bought me my first camera (a Canon AE 1). I was 15 at that time. Lets just say I am older now! My inspiration comes from all different places, people, and situations that I find myself in or traveling too. Please feel free to look around , and make comments. I look forward to hearing from you!

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Information Highway....


It is amazing to think that print blocks placed into a printing press is how we used to get the news out to the public. The information highway of today gives use instant news 24 hours a day all day! From texting to e-mailing, blogging to video messaging information is all around us. I must ask a question. Whatever happen to the good old days when we wrote letters and sent them by mail? Called and talked on the phone to hear a voice on the other end of the line? Do we really want to stay in touch but just out of reach? It is sad but the art of writting a thank you note it a lost one. In some ways, I spose, some would say that this is progress. I feel it all just dehumanizes a medium in which feelings and emotions could once be seen and heard. We are more connected but distant all at the same time. Think about that for a minute. Make it personal again. Take the time to reach out to those who you love the most. Write a note and slip into their lunch box, leave a note on the kitchen table, or on the front seat of the car, send a letter "just cause" you care. Reach out and connect again. Take the time because you can.

No comments: